If you know me, you’ll know I am a little too excited when it comes to information products.
No, it’s not just because I sell private label rights products.
I have plenty of good reasons to back up my “excitedness”.
Why do I think creating and selling info products is one of the best ways to generate income on the net?
Glad You asked…
Here they are:
- One time Creation – You only need to manufacturer (create) the product one time. Once you’ve created it, you could sell millions of copies. Create a ebook once and sell it for years into the future.
- No Shipping – It’s digital. Your visitors shop, pay and download without you needing to lift a finger. I know there are many people who make good money selling physical products, such as on Ebay. Of course it can be a good route for some folks. I personally try to set up things that run on their own. Not a matter of being lazy, it’s working smarter.
- Automation – As I’ve said, the entire sales process can be put on auto-pilot. You could have a website selling your info products 24 hours a day 7 days a week, almost completely on automatic. I say almost only because there are time a customer might need assistance, on rare occasion pay pal not working 100%, customer questions, ect. But honestly, in over 5 years, I don’t get that many support requests. Here’s a good example of an automatic money machine: Turnkey Digital Stores. Sorry, that sounded a little hypey, my bad, it’s true.
I’m not saying creating or selling info products is for every one. Nothing is. There is no one size fits all when it comes to working online. Guess I get too excited?
So, let’s get to the hotspots…
I know not every one is a fan of the WF and I can understand why. I get it. But there is one undisputed fact, there is a TON of buys visiting the site every single day.
Being that it’s a forum, you are of course allowed to have signatures for your posts and you area allowed to link to your own products and websites, just as long as you don’t use affiliate links.
But when I talk about selling info products here, I am mainly referring to the WSO section, which is the Warrior Special Offer sub forum. This is where you can post up your own info products for sale. Just a quick glance, right this moment, there are over 6,000 people viewing just that forum. Think there are a few buyers in there?
I personally have found WSO’s to be hit and miss. Although, I’ve always at least broken even, can’t say it’s ever been a loss. I’ve had some sell like gangbusters, while others sell slowly.
The big key of course is the topic of niche of your product. You need to provide products that are hot. Right now for example, Offline marketing is hot. Kindle is another. SEO will probably always sell. Think you get the picture.
I am sure not saying, you can join the forum, put up a WSO and be rich by Christmas. It’s some what of an art.
Here’s some tips for getting the most of a WSO:
- Regular Forum Member – It’s like anything, when people trust you, they are more likely to buy. If they don’t know you, how many do you think your going to sell? Seems like common sense, yet I see marketer after market come to the forum, have hardly any posts and they put up a WSO, which usually bombs. Believe it or not people even try it with “zero” posts.
- Niche That’s Hot – I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating because I can tell you from experience, not everything sells on the WF. One way to research and to watch the WSO section and see what is selling. Simple.
- Promote Your WSO – While it’s not necessary, it is required if you want to get as many sales as possible. Because it’s a forum, your post moves down the list with each new WSO added, and it does move pretty quickly. Before you know it, your sale is off the first page. From experience, you will make sales after page 1, but they do slow down. Best way to advertise is to put a link in your signature and add some quality posts to the main forum. You could also put links on your websites, or social media accounts.
- Quality Product – Shouldn’t need to be said, but sadly this is not always the case when it comes to WSO’s, there are plenty of crappy ones. So, if you want to stand out and build some long term success, put out a fantastic knock-them-dead product. this could be the place to build yourself a reputation that carries over beyond the forum. Or, done wrong, could kill your reputation.
- Limited Quantities – This is where the scarcity principle comes in handy, when supply is limited, you’ll have a better chance of selling out. People don’t want to “miss out” on anything. Course, this might not work for you, but I thought I’d mention it.
- Dime Sale – Here is a tactic many marketers use with success. Basically it means, the price for the product increases by a certain amount for each one sold. Something like a dime for every sale. Here again, buyers don’t want to miss out and end up paying more later. Many marketers hate it, but it does work.
There is one advantage the WF has over all the other platforms listed on this page, SOCIAL PROOF. Since it’s a forum, forum members can post replies to your WSO thread. Naturally if done right, you’ll have all the social (and more “real”) proof you need to sell plenty of copies of your product.
Smart marketers will contact members before they launch to give out review copies and ask for reviews in the thread, and these turn into testimonials. I say more “real” because these are people posting in real site, not some text testimonial on a sales page.
On a side note, you can set your WSO up for affiliates using Warrior Pro, or JVZoo. Something to keep in mind.
Cost – $40 per WSO and per Bump.
Another side note – I personally have not found it profitable to bump my WSO’s. But that depends on what your selling and what your end goals are. For me, either my WSO sold out, or the first run only broke even. Thing is, each bump is going to be less sales than the last run and usually much less than the first posting. People have already seen it or already bought it, so your pool of potential customers dwindles. So if your first run only breaks even, it’s most likely you won’t even cover your bump on future runs.
Now if your running a WSO to build a list, then bumps could be worth it because your getting a lead, which if used right, could be worth much more than a sale.
Pros: Huge potential pool of proven buyers. Instant payments into your pay pal account.
Cons: Price of listing and bumps. Must provide your own sales system.
Rules for WSO’s: Main product must be original, but bonus items could be anything (here is where PLR comes in handy). The price must be better than anywhere else it’s being sold.
For more about running successful WSO’s check these out: Warrior Forum WSOs.
You won’t find a forum here, but you will find a marketplace. Well, sort of. I’ll explain. This site is more of a sales system, a place you can easily put up your info products. It also has a market place (public product listings), and a built in affiliate system.
The big key with JVZoo is that it has the built in affiliate platform. Meaning, once you “add” your product, you can make it private, or you can make it available for affiliates to sell. Obliviously this is one of the best features, the opportunity to have others sell your product around the world.
What I like about the system is that it’s easy to use. Once you add a couple products, you’ll be a pro. 🙂
Another useful feature is that you have control over affiliates. Before any one can promote your product, they must request to do so. Here you have three options, instant commissions, delayed and deny.
This is important because scammers are always on the look out for instant commission programs, which they use to purchase items with stolen pay pal accounts. They get their commission right away, but later, your stuck with the after math of their fraud. To many good people have lost their pay pal accounts because of this type of fraud. But they will skip delayed payouts. So it’s some security.
Pro’s: Lower cost listing, as it’s a percentage of sales, so you only pay if you make a sale and this is all done for you automatically. Instant payment in your pay pal account. There are also many powerful options, such as upsells, membership integration and more. Instant payments into your pay pal account.
Con’s: Not really a con, but somewhat an inconvenience, that you must approve affiliates. But it also protects your pay pal account, so that one could go either way.
Rules: None in particular, just common sense, nothing illegal.
I will admit I don’t have as much experience with this one, but thought it was important to include it. Here is another site that is similar to JVZoo, as it ‘s a sales system and marketplace. Actually it was born from the RAP (Rapid Action Profits) script, which of course is a program internet marketers install on their websites to sell info products. It’s quite a robust system at that.
I can not say the exact reason the Bank came around, but I am guessing because the original RAP script is out of the reach of some folks and this was a way to provide a less-costly option. I am sure it was also to create a place for everyone selling with the rap script to list their products, draw in affiliates and have a marketplace.
The one draw back to this system is that you don’t have as much control over your affiliates. If you choose to make your product available to affiliates, any one can promote it, even the scammers I’ve mentioned above.
There are two ways to get listed with Rap Bank:
- Script Owner – If you own the RAP script, you can add your product with no extra cost.
- List-N-Earn – Without owning the RAP script, it is a one time fee of $20 plus a small percentage of the sales.
Pro’s: Marketplace that could bring in sales and potential affiliate sales.
Con’s: Higher cost per listing over other platforms. No control over who can promote.
Rules: Not many that I know of, besides common sense, nothing illegal.
Big Tip – Something important you have to remember, to make good money, or mad money, you need a sales funnel. As you probably know, profitable marketers start out with a low cost entry product and push higher priced upsells in the backend. I only say this so that you don’t think you can just throw up only one main product and have a down payment for your mansion.
If your stuck or struggle with information product creation, here’s a whole slew of useful information: Information Product Creation.
I saved this one for last for a reason. And, maybe saved the best for last? I’m sure I don’t have to explain to you what Amazon is and why you should give it some thought for selling your info product. We’re talking about the largest retailer online with millions of customers
As you well know, Kindle is red hot right now and ebooks will be popular for some time. So, turning your info product into a Kindle book can be a smart way to go.
Now, I am not saying you can throw up a new Kindle book and sit back and count the money. Sorry, it will take some work, and the reason I saved it for last. I takes some marketing, so social networking, some promotion. It also helps to have good reviews and more some from verified buyers.
But here is the deal… the pay off from this platform alone can completely blow away anything else on the net. One of the biggest reason’s is that Amazon is happy to alot of marketing for you, after all, the more books you sell, the more they make. They have a vested interest.
This is the main factor with Kindle, your product must be original, and yes they do check, not like you can fool them. Least not any more. Not to say you couldn’t get idea’s from other works, such as PLR. You knew I was going to say that didn’t you? Seriously though, I’ve found it much easier to re-write something, than to start completely from scratch.
Pro’s: Incredible potential, possible millions of customers.
Con’s: Depending on your niche or market, you could be up against some established big competition.
Rules: Must be original work.
More information about using Amazon can be found here: Kindle Publishing.
Okay, my fingers are getting tired, so I’ll end for now. Sure I forgot something. I’ll add as I remember.
Download this post as a PDF: 4 Proven Hotspots to Sell Your Info Products
What’s your thoughts? Anything to add? Leave a comment below.
If you’ve found this useful, please share it on all your social media accounts. Plus it’s good Karma, right?